![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
Monday, June 05, 2006
Well, thankful the drive up there was alright, much better than i expected. We left Perth at 8.50am and 3 hours flew past just like that..haha, and davis didn't lose his way!! Yeah man! Finally no more time wasted going round and round =) I think the reason why the journey wasn't that bad was because I saw lotsa stuff along the way like dried up bushes and dead animals (sobz!) on the road. Then the scenery soon changed once we reached the countryside. Yeah, and i mean...REAL COUNTRYSIDE..with all the sand and gravel paths and cows, horses..whatnot. I felt like singing "country road...take me home..to the place, I belong..." Haha..very apt at that moment =) Our first stop was this winery cum restaurant called Cape Lavender. It was situated somewhere in the ulu desert...then suddenly there was civilization!! Haha..stopped there for lunch and bought some lavender wine. I don't usually buy alcohol but this is the ONLY winery in the world that uses lavender to make wine..yup, had to buy one for keepsake =) Went to the Chocolate factory next. It was packed so we didn't stay long. Just took some pics and bought some chocs then off we went to our next stop.. Cheese factory! Not a big fan of cheese too...i remember visiting my uncle in Aust when i was in Primary 1 and he gave me all sorts of cheese i nearly puked!! I mean..i'm happy with my Kraft cheese..dun need anything else!! Smells funny anyway =( We drove further up to the town of Cowaramup cuz there's Candy Cow there too! and we visited the soap factory for a while. It was already 2pm by then..really hot despite the cool breeze of winter. Kinda sian by then..so we drove to our final destination, Margaret River and then took a long long drive home... Posted by Gwen at |
|
what? me? kindly. SHOUT. archives linkages |
![]() |